ARE DRIVER ASSISTANCE PACKAGES REALLY WORTH IT? ABSOLUTELY!
As the most revolutionary safety features to be made available since the air bag, driver assistance features and packages help us all be better drivers. While they are no substitute for you remaining cognizant of your surroundings behind the wheel at all times, driver assistance packages can help increase your awareness of potential hazards.
Most importantly, these cutting-edge features can help you stay safe while you’re on the road. So to answer your question—yes, driver assistance packages are more than worth it! Let’s take a look at some of the top driver assistance packages and features to learn how they help keep you, your passengers, and others drivers, safe on the road.
DRIVER ASSISTANCE FEATURES GIVE YOU A UNIQUE PERSPECTIVE
One of the key pieces of hardware used in driver assistance packages are cameras. High Definition Rear Vision Cameras offer you a high-resolution “digital” image of the scene behind your vehicle. The image can be presented on your infotainment screen or even on your rear view mirror. Today’s camera systems are used in an array of ways.
- Adaptive Cruise Control utilizes a forward-facing camera to elevate regular cruise control to new heights. Adaptive Cruise Control uses cameras to maintain the safe following distance you set between your vehicle and vehicles in front of you. This reduces your need to continually accelerate and brake.
- High-Definition Surround Vision provides you with a “birds-eye view” of all around your vehicle and even adds additional views. Surround Vision can be especially helpful when driving at low speeds and attempting to park or maneuver in tight spaces.
- Hitch Guidance uses cameras to help you align your truck or SUV with a trailer. Hitch Guidance with Hitch View adds a unique view that allows zooming, panning, and tilting.
DRIVER ASSISTIVE FEATURES TO KEEP YOU IN THE KNOW
Some driver assistive features are designed to alert you when it matters most. For instance, have you ever tried to change lanes only to be quickly alerted by a honking horn of someone in your blind spot? Wouldn’t it be nice to have a unique set of eyes always watching this blind spot? Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert is this set of eyes and can help you avoid accidents by alerting you of vehicles detected in your blind sport or whenever a vehicle is approaching quickly as you’re looking to change lanes. At the same time, Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning offers gentle steering wheel nudges and alerts anytime the system detects you unintentionally veering from your lane. Similar driver assistive technologies include:
- Forward Collision Alert detects if a front-end collision is imminent while trailing a detected vehicle. In this instance, it will issue alerts to help you avoid a potential collision.
- Side Blind Zone Alert alerts you of vehicles in your blind spot.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert works when your vehicle is in reverse to detect traffic approaching from your rear right or rear left. This driver assistive feature is especially key when backing out of a driveway or crowded parking lot.
DRIVER ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGIES KEEPING YOU READY TO REACT
Some driver assistive technologies are designed to react – even when you don’t. For instance, Front Pedestrian Braking works to determine if a collision with a pedestrian is imminent. If you do not apply the brakes, the system will provide you with alerts and can automatically apply the brakes to help reduce harm or help you avoid a collision outright.
At the same time, Forward Automatic Braking works to determine if a forward collision with a vehicle in front of you is likely. If the system notices you haven’t applied the brakes, it can automatically apply the brakes to mitigate the severity of the collision. This technology can be especially key for avoiding collisions at low speeds.
CONTACT 500 AUTO GROUP FOR THE BEST CHEVY, BUICK, AND GMC DRIVER ASSISTANCE FEATURES
While every auto maker may now offer driver assistance packages, GMC, Chevrolet, and Buick provide the most advanced features and packages. Why? Because we believe nothing is more important than your safety. And the experts at 500 Auto Group will help you find the perfect new or used Chevrolet, Buick, or GMC for your unique needs and budget. Contact 500 Auto Group today!